MiHorse Club – Terms and Conditions of Membership
This is a Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974
This document sets out the terms and conditions of membership of the MiHorse Club. By completing and submitting your MiHorse Club Registration you confirm that you are the legal owner of the (s) listed on your registration form and that you wish to enter into a contract for membership of the MiHorse Club with CVS (UK) Limited (CVS) subject to these terms and conditions.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully. If you have questions concerning them please raise these with CVS before submitting your registration form.
1 The Annual Services
On submission of your completed registration form and payment of the first monthly fee you will be entitled to receive the following benefits for the (s) named on your registration form:
- 10% off all veterinary treatments including medicines, carried out by the practice only
- Annual vaccination of flu and/or tetanus
- Standard health examination1 plus vet report
- Full dental examination and routine tooth rasp2 (with sedation at fixed price3 if required)
- Two faecal worm egg counts plus discounted wormers as required
- Multi discount for additional s4
- Discount of 20% on lifetime care medicines5
1 Consists of a check of eyes, heart, trot-up in a straight line and general check over.
2 Advanced dental procedures including (but not limited to) wave mouth, diastema treatment or surgical extractions may require an extended treatment, which will result in additional charges. Additional treatments may have to be carried out at another time or site, and may require a separate visit.
3 Sedation lasts for approximately 30 minutes. If the requires additional sedation, this may be charged for at the discretion of the vet.
4 The s must all be kept at the same location otherwise a separate visit fee may be charged.
5 See practice website for details.
Please note that it is your responsibility to utilise the above listed benefits applicable to your MiHorse Club membership and that you shall not be entitled to any refund in respect of unutilised benefits.
- 2.1 You agree that you will make monthly payments to CVS of the sum shown on your registration form, payable in advance. The first payment is payable by cash or credit card at the time of your registration form being submitted, with all subsequent payments payable by Direct Debit. Alternatively an annual premium may be paid in advance, and may be requested by the practice if you are a new client.
- 2.2 CVS reserves the right to increase the monthly payment shown on your registration form in its absolute discretion provided that it gives you not less than one month’s notice in writing of such increase. If you do not agree with the increase you may terminate your membership with immediate effect by notifying CVS in writing within 2 weeks of receiving notice of the increase.
- 2.3 If you fail to make any monthly payment on the due date for payment CVS shall be entitled to suspend the provision of goods and services to you until you have paid the overdue sum in full. Should you fail to do so within 30 days CVS shall be entitled to terminate your membership in accordance with clause 2.4
- 2.4 If any monthly payment remains unpaid one month after it has become due, CVS may terminate your membership with immediate effect by giving notice to you.
- 2.5 CVS reserves the right to terminate your membership immediately should your account at any CVS veterinary practice go into arrears.
- 2.6 All payments made to CVS are inclusive of VAT and for the avoidance of doubt no interest is charged on payments made under this agreement.
Unless terminated earlier in accordance with clause 4 your membership of the MiHorse Club will continue for an initial term of one year and shall continue thereafter until such time as it is terminated by you or CVS in accordance with clause 4.
4 Termination of this agreement
- 4.1 CVS may terminate your membership of the MiHorse Club at any time (including during the initial term) by giving you notice of termination to take immediate effect if you commit any serious breach of these terms and conditions which shall include failure to meet your payment obligations as set out at clause 2.
- 4.2 You may terminate your membership of the MiHorse Club during the initial term of one year by giving CVS notice of termination, to take immediate effect if:
- (a) you notify CVS of your desire to cancel within FOURTEEN days from the date you joined MiHorse Club by giving notice as set out in clause 10 below and you should pay particular attention to the conditions set out in clause 10.3 below with respect to your use of services within this 14 day period; or
- (b) the Horse(s) named on your registration form die.
- 4.3 Either you or CVS may terminate your membership by giving one month’s notice to the other at any time after the initial term of one year has expired.
- 4.4 For the avoidance of any doubt, upon termination of your membership in accordance with the terms of this agreement you will no longer be liable to make any further payments to CVS and will no longer be eligible receive any of the entitlements listed at clause 1 from CVS.
- 4.5 If you cancel at any time other than on an anniversary of joining MiHorse Club or in accordance with clause 4.2 above, you will be required to pay to CVS either the outstanding amount for treatment received in the period between the joining date or anniversary of joining (as applicable) and the cancellation date (at the full list price as emailed at the time of registration), or the monthly payments due until the anniversary of your plan, whichever is lower.
5 General conditions applicable to this agreement
- 5.1 All equids are eligible to join the scheme. All other species are excluded from the scheme.
- 5.2 It is your responsibility to let the CVS veterinary practice know that you are a member of the MiHorse Club when you arrange treatment or purchase goods.
- 5.3 All notices given to CVS under the provisions of this agreement must be in writing and sent to CVS House, Owen Road, Diss, Norfolk IP22 4ER.
- 5.4 For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 this agreement is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
- 5.5 CVS shall only be liable for any loss of damaged suffered by you which is a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a breach of this Agreement.
- 5.6 For the avoidance of doubt the CVS veterinary practices have absolute discretion as to the medications and treatments provided under the terms of this agreement.
- 5.7 Your MiHorse Club plan is not transferrable.
- 5.8 This agreement is governed by the laws of England & Wales. The courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising under this agreement.
6 Right of Early Repayment
By s.94 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you are entitled to pay the sums due under this Agreement early. If you wish to make early repayment please contact CVS to make arrangements to pay the balance of the payments due under this Agreement. In the event of early repayment you will remain entitled to access the Services and benefits listed above until expiry of the Agreement.
7. Your Right to Complain
In the event of dispute you are entitled to complain about this Agreement to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Details can be found at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
8. Supervisory Authority
The supervisory authority under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 is the Financial Conduct Authority.
9. Data Protection
- 9.1 CVS, as administrators of the MiHorse Club, take your privacy very seriously and take great care to comply with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and to protect your personal information including any financial details that you provide. CVS will use your personal information to administer the MiHorse Club. It may need to disclose or share your personal information with regulatory authorities for the purpose of fraud preventions and/or to comply with any legal or regulatory requirement.
- 9.2 If you have any questions about the way CVS uses your personal information you should write to the Data Protection Officer, CVS Group Plc, Owen Road, Diss, Norfolk IP22 4ER.
- 9.3 From time to time CVS may wish to use the details you have provided to advise you of associated products important to your animal’s welfare and of potential interest as a horse owner. If you do wish to be informed of these please [tick the direct marketing box on your registration form or] notify CVS of your preference by writing to it at the address above.
- 9.4 We would like to share your personal data with selected third parties to enable them to contact you about goods and services which may be of interest to you. Please [tick the third party marketing box on your registration form or] notify CVS of your preference by writing to it at the address above. if you do want CVS to disclose your personal data to selected third parties.
- 10.1 Under s.66A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you are entitled to withdraw from this Agreement within 14 days of the start date as detailed on the registration form without having to provide any reason.
- 10.2 You may exercise your right of withdrawal by giving us either written or verbal notice. To give written notice of your intention to withdraw from this Agreement please fill in the Cancellation Form available from your CVS practice and send it to CVS. To provide oral notice please contact the Healthy Pet Club support Team by telephone on 01379 658425.
- 10.3 Please note that if you have already used any of the services financed under this Agreement prior to withdrawing from it, you will have 30 days from the date upon which you give notice of withdrawal to pay the full retail price (as stated in the terms and conditions) of the service(s) which you have used and in accordance with clause 4.5 above.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme.
The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.
- If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change CVS (UK) Ltd will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.
- If an error is made by CVS (UK) Ltd or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society.
Please also send a copy of your letter to us.